Vitamin E is a chemical compound with a fat-soluble property. The two major parts of Vitamin E can be noted as Tocopherols and Tocotrienols. Each of them comes with four forms having antioxidant properties.
|The Four Tocopherols||The Four Tocotrienols|
|Alpha (α) Tocopherol||Alpha(α) Tocotrienols|
|Beta (β) Tocopherol||Beta (β) Tocotrienols|
|Gamma (γ) Tocopherol||Gamma (γ) Tocotrienols|
|Delta (δ) Tocopherol||Delta (δ) Tocotrienols|
Nevertheless, each and every chemical component that is mentioned above has its own importance. Thus, Vitamin E is a powerful combination. Out of all the eight variables, Alpha (α) Tocopherol is said to have the highest impact on the Human body. Researchers compliment that, Tocopherols are helpful than Tocotrienols. In contrast, both are equally as important when used as a supplement like Vitamin E.
Some Selected Benefits of Vitamin E
How do Tocopherols of Vitamin E help us?
- Tocopherols protect skin from UV damages.
- Maintain skin pigmentation.
- Prevent cell damage.
- Has the ability to heal wounds.
- And most importantly, useful for heart diseases. Tocopherols are said to have the ability to make the blood thinner. It helps prevent the formation of blood clots. Therefore, it potentially has the ability to control High Blood Pressure.
- Last but not the least; Tocopherols has the ability to protect us from Cancer.
How do Tocotrienols of Vitamin E help us?
- Tocotrienols also consist of an anticancer property. They are said to have the ability to fight cancer cells and cancer stems.
- Prevent the growth of Tumors.
- Reduce inflammation.
- Safeguard the Heart form High Cholesterol impact. HMG CoA is an enzyme that produces cholesterol in the human body. Tocotrienols have a unique mechanism in blocking this enzyme. This reduces the production of higher lipid levels.
- Help in protecting the Gastrointestinal system.
- Prevent Osteoporosis.
Vitamin E is a combination of all the above benefits. Without a doubt, there is more to count each day.
Foods containing Vitamin E
- Seeds and Nuts: Sunflower seeds, peanuts, almond, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts, etc.
- Oils: vegetable oil, rice bran oil, hazelnut oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, palm oil, grapeseed oil, safflower oil, etc.
- Fruits: avocado, kiwifruit, mango, blackberries, olives, black currants, raspberries, etc.
- Vegetables: Green leafy vegetables, soybean, canola, corn, spinach, beet greens, raw turnip, red sweet pepper, broccoli, mustard greens, asparagus, etc.
- Animal Products: egg yolk, lobster, atlantic salmon, goose meat, chicken thighs, chicken breast, etc.
When you practically go through all these foods, you can realize that you consume Vitamin E every day. Sometimes you might not even know how it makes you healthy. Because we absorb a lot of Vitamin E, just from the food in our daily bucket list.
Most importantly, people also have the need of taking Vitamin E as a supplement to keep them healthy. Practically, this vitamin is one of the most beneficial components form head to toe without a doubt. Anyhow there is also a set of people who suffer from Vitamin E Deficiency and Overdose.
How can you get a Vitamin E Deficiency?
As a matter of fact, a deficiency from this particular vitamin is not normal. Because we have a proportional intake from food of daily consumption. Such deficiency is rare in people who are even averagely healthy.
In contrast, there are also situations where people may lack it. Especially, patients suffering from Cystic Fibrosis and liver diseases. Due to these diseases, their bodies impair the intake of the vitamin to the blood circulatory system. In case, if you lack this vitamin, you can get symptoms like:
- Difficulty in walking
- Poor eyesight
- Weak immunity
- Feeling numb
- Weakened body muscles
- Tremors (your muscles may twitch involuntarily)
Similarly, some might overuse the vitamin to get more benefits. Indeed the vitamin promises nice hair, nice looks, radiant skin plus all the interior body advantages. But you will have to be very careful to not use it the way you want it. Get advice and directions from a doctor for your own betterment. Especially, when you have extra doses as supplements.
The more you have a balance absorption, the more it is better for a healthy lifestyle. When the intake of the vitamin increases, you might face the total opposite of all the advantages that were mentioned above. There might be extremes where:
- Blood vessels start dilating exceedingly.
- Troubles in breathing
- Changes in skin
Therefore, let the intake go with the flow. And remember to use to when it is necessary. Either with the natural food or through supplements.