Why do Millions of people suffer from Acid Reflux Disease and Heart Burns?
Why do Millions of people suffer from Acid Reflux Disease and Heart Burns? The main Digestive Acid in the Human Body is the Hydrochloric Acid (HCl), which has the PH- value between 1 or 2. HCl flows to the Stomach through Proton Pumps. This Acid activates enzymes like Lipases, Proteases and Pepsin. The daily production of these acids in the stomach is 1 to 2 liters. But this amount of acid increases due to:
- The intake of too much food in a short period of time.
- Consuming Citrus food like tomato, lime, orange, grapefruit, etc.
- Consuming Spicy food like chilly, pepper, etc.
- Eat high-fat foods such as chocolate, fried foods and snacks.
- Drinking caffeinated Beverages
- Smoking and consuming Alcohol
What is Acid Reflux Disease?
The production of these increases so as to exceed the remaining space of the stomach walls. And then they flow out of the opening of the stomach, called the Lower Esophageal Sphincter (LES). It serves as the lid between Esophagus (food pipe) and the stomach. Thus, an Acid Reflux occurs when these acids break out of the sphincter and push up towards the Esophagus. This creates Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). It is a chronic digestive disorder.
This is why you feel the following.
- Heart Burn
- Acid regurgitation (wet burps or you feel as if Acid flowing back to your throat)
- Stomach pain
- Excessive burping
- Globus Pharynges (lump in throat)
- Sore Throat
- Excessive Cough
What is Heart Burn?
Heart Burn is the most common result that millions of people get every day. This has nothing to do with your heart. It is a pain, sometimes extreme in the Digestive system. Excess consumption of high fat food produces a Hormone called Cholecystokinin (CCK).
This CCK’s duty is to keep this fat food for a longer period inside the stomach to help digestion. This situation in turn threats by weakening the Lower Esophageal Sphincter. The acids recurrently start to flow black to the food pipe causing a longer risk for Heartburn. So, if you do not control the intake of fat food, you will also have to give up eating highly nutritious food like Avocado, Cheese and Nuts.
The One mistake that almost all the people suffering from Acid Reflux, is the intake of Mint. They usually misunderstand both Peppermint and Spearmint as pain relievers for GERD. But researchers have found that high doses of mint damage the interior walls of the Esophagus. This has the possibility to increase the pain from GERD than soothing.
Necessary precautions are to be taken before the table turns to be worse. In most cases, you can get relief from GERD by making changes in your diet plan and using medication.
Acid Reflux Disease and Heart Burns
Fix your Diet!
- Start eating smaller meals. Get rid of food containing a higher capacity fat, spice, citrus and caffeine. Stay away from short eats and fried food. It would be really great to keep away from food that contains Dairy and Gluten. Try this procedure for a while and check it for yourself. This may also help in maintaining a healthy weight.
- Elevate your upper body when sleeping!
- Some make the mistake of sleeping right after they eat. This can increase acid reflux. And even if you feel like sleeping, elevate your upper body. Avoid lying within three hours after eating a meal. This can stop the reflux of acid.
- Use supplements!
- You can go for Herbal supplements like DGL (Deglycyrrhizinated licorice). It helps to coat the stomach with extra production of mucus and prevent reflux. You them before the meal.
- Manage the stress level!
- Consult a doctor for constant checkups and medications!
- Use Antacids!
Acid Reflux Disease and Heart Burns?
What are Antacids?
An Antacid is a possible treatment for Acid Reflux Disease. It contains MgCo3 (Magnesium Carbonate), CaCo3 (Calcium Carbonate) and NaHCo3 (Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate). They help to relieve the burning sensation resulted from Acid Reflux. Be careful and Go for the best medication since the result varies with its brand.
So, as you can see, you can easily cure Acid Reflux disease. You only have to plan a proper diet and eat healthy food. Simply, try to control the above-mentioned reasons for GERD. There is no harm in it and you are the sole benefactor. Therefore, be cautious enough to stop the increase of acids in the stomach before it worsens.